I won’t steal his thunder, just watch:
I’ve been trying different version control systems for sometime now and I just couldn’t get git on Windows to work.
I was constantly getting:
$ git fetch “https://some.website.com”
error: error setting certificate verify locations:
while accessing https://some.website.com/info/refs
I found the solution here.
- Open Notepad with Administrator privileges
- Open the file gitconfig. For me, this was in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\etc
- The line “sslCAinfo = /bin/curl-ca-bundle.crt” is using relative references. Change this to “sslCAinfo = C:/Program Files (x86)/Git/bin/curl-ca-bundle.crt”
On Windows 2003, you can easily open Terminal Services Manager by clicking Start / Run / typing tsadmin [enter]
This doesn’t work in Windows Server 2008 anymore. The change is ever so slight. In Windows Server 2003 the tool was tsadmin.exe, so typing ‘tsadmin’ was all that was required to start the tool. Now, in Windows Server 2008, this has been moved to a MMC snap-in and is called tsadmin.msc (plus tsadmin.dll is used silently).
So to fix this, click Start / Run / type tsadmin.msc [enter] and you’re good to go!
To use the Entity Framework with Mysql on VS2010 you need to download the mysql .net connector.
Download 6.3.2 (beta) and install!
He is also coming to Sydney to present at Web Camps.
I really like his style. While he is pro Microsoft, Scott has a good way of seperating himself from the drama.
Anyway, in his podcast he discusses the difficulty of going out for dinner when he is a strange town.
So Scott, to make your visit to Sydney, or if you find yourself in Sydney and with Diabetes here is what you should do:
- This year, Web Camps will be at The Powerhouse museum which is in Ultimo,
- It is an easy 10 minute walk, South East from the Sydney CBD. (You could catch the Mono Rail or Light Rail but it is tacky and only tourist use it.)
- That part of sydney is near the Uni and lots of Youth Hostels. So Subway is going to be open at all hours. (I’ve seen Subway at George St at 1:00am).